This maiden edition of the SCAP (Sickle Cell Awareness Project) by DISCON (Disability & Sickle Cell Organization of Nigeria), an annual skills exposition event and awareness campaign, is a Short Story writing competition open to SCD warriors across the country, Nigeria.
The Theme is Open.
The SCAP is a discovery window, capacity building and networking opportunity to develop and harness budding talents among the SCD community. Every annual event promises to be a unique and exciting package.
This edition will help improve writing skills/ style, gain exposure and boost resumes for those interested in freelance writing or other literary career.
Entrants are to submit a 2,000 word (maximum) short story on experiences with the disorder (personal or non-personal) suitable for awareness on Sickle Cell Disorder and to inspire hope. Stories should be intriguing, captivating and emotion evoking.
ENTRY FEE: Now Free
1. 1st Prize
Winner gets N50,000 cash reward, Sickle Cell Medicine pack, Certificate of Award, Story to be published and promoted for exposure, Branded T-Shirt & a Sickle Cell Book.
2. 2nd Prize
First runner up gets N30,000 cash reward, Sickle Cell Medicine pack, Story to be published, Branded T-Shirt &a Sickle Cell Book.
3. 3rd Prize
Second runner up gets N10,000 cash reward, Sickle Cell Medicine pack, Branded T-Shirt & a Sickle Cell Book.
A Peek View of the Panelists…
ENTRIES WILL BE ADJUDGED BY THE JUDGES on the following criteria:
TO ENTER PLEASE FOLLOW THESE THE STEPS:
Complete the entry form below.
Click Here > REGISTER NOW
Pay the entry fee to the designated bank displayed at the end of the form.
15 March – 30 April, 2021:
May 2021: Selection begins and shortlisted writers are contacted.
June 2021: Winners are announced and prizes presented.
* Registration forms must be filled online.
*Story entries must be submitted via email with a passport sized photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* SCAP Official sites: DISCON and Grandscope Media social media platforms/ website.
* This competition is open to all SCD Warriors from age 18 and over regardless of state of residence.
* Submit entries in the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), PDF or RTF and include the word count on the first page and in your email.
*Entry should be single-space typed and the preferred font is Arial, Courier or Times New Roman, 12 point.
* Story must not have been previously published and used in any other writing competition. All submissions should be the writer’s original work.
* Only one entry per person is allowed. Create a cover page indicating your full names, date of birth and residential address. They must correlate with the information on your registration form.
* The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or complaints will be entertained afterward.
* Winners will be notified and results will be published on our website and social platforms.
* The winning candidates must be willing to attend the ceremony (or, send representatives)
and participate in awareness campaigns and outreach activities for the Sickle Cell causes initiated by DISCON.
Entries must be received by 30th April, 2021.
Entries can be disqualified if they are not named or are over the word limit. If you do not add word count, your entry will be disqualified.
HOW TO BE INVOLVED AS A SPONSOR OR PARTNER
We encourage interested parties to visit the link below to fill the form to be a sponsor, collaborator or volunteer.
We would prefer to customize packages that suit individual business’s needs and goals. We are
open to negotiating the benefits associated with the SCAP.
If you’re interested in sponsoring or partnering with us to make the SCAP a memorable and mutually beneficial event, please read the available Sponsorship Opportunities below in the link and fill out the Form within:
If you have any questions regarding your entry form or other enquiries, please contact us via WHATSAPP (chat only): 08086069226